Subject: Re: [Leica] Thoughts about cameras and the new aviation rules
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 10:49:58 -0700

lea wrote:

>>> And so, I would never suggest anyone allow their film be x-rayed. And
since I have no control over it other than to offer my cautionary tale, I
just make sure no one x-rays MY film.<<<<<

Sorry mate but you haven't been to some of the European and Scandinavian
countries not to forget many other airports about the world, but your
refusal to

 In some places it either goes through the scanner or you don't get on the
plane. And there are no discussions nor complaints to anyone that will get
it on the plane without going through the scanner. Or opening the camera to
show them what's inside the camera.

I'm not trying to make a big thing out of this hand baggage scanning, but
I've had hundreds of rolls and including 3200.... now there's a time to be
saying Hail Mary's not to get fogging...... and not once have I ever
experienced, this includes a two trips into and out of Florida, the kind of
"orange streaking" you point out.

As this kind of Orange streaking doesn't occur from x-ray markings on film.
I see there have been a couple other posts explaining the possibilities that
it is the same as I pointed out. Some how the camera is leaking light, why
and only in Florida? Now that's a good question!

Please allow me make a small suggestion. The next trip to Florida take a
different camera and let it go through the scanner in the normal fashion and
if you get the same kind of markings, I'll buy  you a bottle of Lagavulin
single malt scotch! How's that for a deal? :-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Thoughts about cameras and the new aviation rules)