Subject: Re: [Leica] Thoughts about cameras and the new aviation rules
From: lea <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 09:10:06 -0500

I have to disagree. My sister is recently returned from Florida with film she
had scanned while in her purse. It was scanned coming and going...once each
way...and was ruined on many frames (orange streaks everywhere). I'd suggest
you do what you can to avoid xray hitting film. Some machines are said to be
safe but how do you know? The guess isn't worth it in my mind.

Lea

Don Dory wrote:

> The lead bags will not work if you check your film as the scanners being
> installed randomly(this has been going on since PA 103) in airports will
> pour on the x-rays until they see what you are hiding.  As to the carry on
> scanners, don't worry about them unless you plan on going through more than
> a 100 lines with the same film.  The carry on is from personal experience
> with TMZ through 4 scanners.
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

- --