Subject: Re: [Leica] On Topic, my PAW
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:04:06 -0700

Jim Hemenway wrote:
>>> I shot this recently with my R8 and 60mm macro with Ektachrome...
> whaddaya think?  Getting this camera to take good exposures has been a
> real trial.
>
> http://www.hemenway.com/day-lily-R8-60mm-Ekta.jpg<<<<

Hi Jim,

A fine flower picture indeed. The 60 macro is a beauty and I use it along
with my 100 macro as a sort of team when we're copying prints to Scala B&W
slide film for production of my Leica Seminar presentations.

>>Getting this camera to take good exposures has been a real trial.<<<

I'm curious to know how it is that good exposures have been "a real trial?"
As the R8 is one of the finest exposure metering SLR's I've ever used and
that includes Nikon, Canon and other Leica R versions.

What seems to have been your problem?
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant