Subject: [Leica] A bit OT, but I need advice
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 11:52:01 -0500

If you do send it off to Nikon make sure they don't replace your sensor as
Rolex has a bad habit of upgrading when their products are repaired.

My concern isn't so much for cleaning the sensor as it is for abrasive
insect bits wearing the shutter mechanism.   While not fragile it is a
close tolerance high precision unit.   With Nikon moving away from SLRs the
supply of replacement shutters will decrease over time.   Looking out five
years what will be the status of shutters.   Ask me about the LCD on my M8.