Subject: [Leica] A bit OT, but I need advice
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank F)
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 12:33:39 -1000

Nikon repairs are $$$.  Before sending it in, know what it might cost to
replace it.  Check Nikon refurbished for price. OTOH, squished bug is a
organic material. Dry out the missing body ( air plus time) and remove
whatever you find. Then clean the sensor. If it does work you saved
yourself bouquet bucks. If not then send it in for service.