Subject: [Leica] I have Jobo!
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 07:08:32 +0200

Thanks, everyone. Of course I meant ?I HATE Jobo? in the subject line, but I
think you all figured it out.

I am not talking about leaking a few drops. The liquid starts spilling out
as soon as I begin the inversion. These are 1510 tanks, for single rolls.
The weird thing is that I used Jobo all the time when I was shooting film
exclusively until 2004 or so and never had this problem. These tanks are
new, bought recently. We are not talking operator error, I have many years
experience and know how to close the tank. I have concluded that I may have
a bad sample and will not use those tanks again. I also have one Paterson
System 4 tank from the old days with two Paterson reels, and a couple of
single-roll AP tanks. The AP reels are useless, but fortunately the Paterson
reels fit in the AP tanks as well, so that is what I will use from now on. I
like single-roll tanks because I shoot different types of films and most of
the time I only have one roll of a particular film to develop. The AP tanks
have a much more secure closing mechanism, a simple screw-on lid.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo at frozenlight.eu