Subject: [Leica] IMG: Moonlight Swimmers
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 09:28:53 +0100

Your flash comment reminds me of an episode in 1986. I was living in North
Florida at the time, and wanted to see Haley?s comet after all the hype in
the media. I drove about 20 miles to a place south of Gainesville called
Paynes Prairie, a nature reserve with no towns nearby, so no light
pollution. It is basically a large swamp with some elevated wooden walkways
and viewing platforms to come and look at the alligators and other animals.
So on this night several other people were on the wooden platform to look
for the comet. It was pitch dark, and at one point I got bored with looking
for the faint comet, and instead I put the flash on my camera and turned it
towards my fellow viewers. The flash blinded everyone momentarily and
elicited a stream of invective.

Speaking of films, last week I saw the Banshees of Inishirin in Denmark.
Strange storyline but great movie?and the acting is simply immense.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo at frozenlight.eu