Subject: [Leica] IMG: a day in Madrid
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 08:14:14 +0530

Never ever even heard of Orlan, but a couple of his works are quite
interesting. TFS

The Picasso sketches confirm what I have always felt - that he was the
greatest draughtsman of his era.

Quite frankly, I think David Douglas Duncan's most compelling works were
his photographs of the horrors of war, comparable in visceral effect on me
to Robert Graves' Goodbye To All That. These look like candy fluff being
marketed for effect and money, by comparison!

A visit to Spain is on my laundry list, if for nothing else, just to meet
Luis and yourself, and to spend time at the Prada. Let's see if it pans
out! ?

Cheers
Jayanand