Subject: [Leica] IMG: a day in Madrid
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 10:14:03 +0200

I had to go to Madrid last Friday to renew my passport at the Polish
consulate there, something that must be done in person. But thanks to the
high-speed train that covers the 440 km in a bit over 2 hours, it is
perfectly possible to have a full day in Madrid without spending the night
there, and so I availed myself of the opportunity to spend the day visiting
various photo exhibitions going on in the city as part of the huge annual
PhotoEspa?a festival. Despite the heat, I managed to visit 6 exhibitions.
The highlights were the exhibitions of photographs of Picasso?s life by
David Douglas Duncan and other photographers, and the French artist ORLAN
(real name: Mireille Suzanne Francette Porte) at the C?rculo de Bellas Artes
(where I also had an excellent lunch). I have presented the images in
chronological order, starting with my arrival at the Chamart?n station in
the morning and ending at the same place in the early evening, just before I
boarded the train back to Alicante. The gallery is here:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/Another-day-in-Madrid/
<https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/Another-day-in-Madrid/>

WARNING: the works by ORLAN are highly NSFW.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo at frozenlight.eu

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws