Subject: [Leica] Warning to iPhone users..... Thanks Apple......
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank F)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 14:59:13 -1000

I found a reference that indicates this HEIC PRE SELECTED ?feature? came to
us in iOS 16.
And yes, Nathan, using your. iPhone for anything other than social media is
sinful, HEIC images are probably not suitable even then.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 9:23 AM Frank Filippone <bmwred735i at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Apple has again changed something in some pretty recent update to iOS.
> Past times they snuck in ways to get access to your phone, changed the
> security features, added features for the 11-16 year olds, or otherwise
> change settings that you spent hours to find and get right.  It was up to
> you to find these sneaky changes and fix them.

> But back to square one.... and the fact that the pictures from the iPhone
> had suddenly gotten horrible.....
>
> ---------------------------------------
>
> THIS complaint is about the use of your phone as a camera.  In the past,
> the camera took jpg images.  With some recent iOS update, Apple decide that
> you did not want nor need that anymore.... that their new and  improved
> HEIC format is what you want.... so they set that in settings as the
> default.
>
> They even have the nerve to state that the images are just as good as jpg
> images..... BIG LIE!!!
>
> Let me assure you, the HEIC images are horrid.  Too heavily compressed.
> Probably OK if you want to just see them on your phone, but absolutely
> wrong if you want to use the images to make prints, blow up images, or
> otherwise actually USE the images.
>
> The fix?
>
> Settings > Camera > Formats > Set to Most Compatible.     Done.
>
> Now you are back to where you started..... after spending time to wonder
> WHY your images are so blocky, terrible (over compressed), and otherwise
> POC.  ( Pieces of !@#$).
>
> Thanks Apple.......  Does it really take that much effort for you to LEAVE
> OUR SETTINGS ALONE when you update iOS??????
>

> --
> Frank FilipponeBMWRed735i at Gmail.com
>
> --
Frank Filippone