Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 52: end of year rides and a visit to Alicante's modern art museum
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 13:07:02 +0000

Congratulations on putting most of us - if not all - to shame with your
dedication, Nathan. 23 years of such a prodigious output is a major
achievement. Hopefully, many more to come.

Thanks for showing us the art and I did think, like yourself, that the
Canogar work was excellent, very arresting even. Mind you in '72, Spain
was a very arresting place, and as I may have recounted, back in '76 I
saw a group of young people on a beach near Barcelona being attacked
with batons, arrested, and thrown into a police van. They were only a
short distance away from me and my friends, and had been doing
absolutely nothing wrong as far as we could see. One of them was
probably of the wrong political hue, I suppose.

There are a lot of good pictures there, including the early morning
ones, but I like the second one of Monica best. The only draw back in it
is the Dyson. I'm not a fan of Sir James who blotted his copybook in my
opinion by being a vociferous supporter of the "Leave" campaign in the
UK EU referendum. He has the wrong political hue for me, but, that said,
I wouldn't baton him...

Douglas