Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 47: Thanksgiving in the sunshine
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 08:53:50 +0530

The trio that constitutes the portraits of Eli are my favourites. She
really is quite photogenic.

I love cask strength whiskies, so what is the name of the Danish one that
leads to that wonderful reaction captured in 47_21.

Just opened a bottle of a strong (50% ABV, i.e.100 proof), though not cask
strength, Islay malt, Port Charlotte 10 yo, which is the peated expression
from Bruichladdich Distillery. Excellent stuff at a reasonable price.
Pernod Ricard are to be commended that they are not falling prey to the
price inflation (at l;east for now) that the bean counters of
conglomerates  are inflicting on standard brands like Ardbeg, Lagavulin,
Laphroaig, Highland Park and, most of all, Macallan ( a bottle of Macallan
18yo sherry cask which I used to purchase for GBP85 a decade ago costs
around GBP400 today quite Leicaesque!) - just because they are popular,
and, unfortunately, this increase in prices is accompanied by a distinct
fall in quality in most cases. Laphroaig 10 yo, for example, has become an
unrecognisable tamed beast, and quite undrinkable at 40% ABV today!

Cheers
Jayanand