Subject: [Leica] Img: Sr. Sistine of South Dublin
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 22:53:12 +0000

This is a mural of Sr. Mary Concepta Lynch that I discovered as I took a
short cut in my car. It's part of the Anseo street art festival in Dun
Laoghaire. The mural is in Lynch Lane which is nominatively appropriate,
but the location has no connection to her as far as I know.

I had my Fuji X100S with me for the first time in a while, but the lane
is one small car's width, so, when I walked back to it, I found myself
with my back pressed to the opposite wall to get the shot and no way to
overcome the bollard. Yes, I know I could use Photoshop, but the black
and white bollard goes with her habit. BTW I don't know the artist, but
will find out to help deter the onset of Completeness Deficit Anxiety.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Dublin/Dun+Laoghaire/Street+Art+MCLynch.jpg.html.

Who was Mary Concepta Lynch? This might help -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Concepta_Lynch
As you'll see she was a Sister - a Dominican nun with Sistine leanings
and accomplishments.

Douglas
Gradually shedding his post operative issues, and getting an itchy
shutter finger again.

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Img: Sr. Sistine of South Dublin)