Subject: [Leica] Friday for sale: the latest (2023 version) 50mm Summilux-M ASPH. (close focus)
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 02:20:37 -0400

Hey, kids!

When the very newest updated version of the excellent 50mm Summilux-M ASPH
was announced (with some refinements to the original optical formula, and
importantly close focus to 45cm instead of the usual 70cm, past a detent so
you don't go there by accident), I thought that would be a great lens for
me to use with my SL2-S body, and placed a preorder.

Here's Jonathan Slack's review of the new lens:
    https://www.slack.co.uk/leica_50_2023.html

Eventually the lens arrived, and while it's a fine physical package (and
the close focus is indeed a neat feature), at the current instant the cash
it should represent would be more valuable to me than this lens's marginal
increased utility relative to the 2004 predecessor, which I hadn't gotten
around to selling on ? so I think I'll just keep the faithful older one.

So.  This is the 50mm Summilux-M ASPH. (2023 / Close Focus), in black, part
11728.

I've used it a little, but gently, and I see no visible signs of wear.

Comes with the full set of delivered stuff (caps, cylindrical leather case,
printed material, box, outer box).  The thin unfinished outer box around
the silvery main box has a torn patch where a label or tape was removed,
and really that's the only giveaway that this isn't brand new.

I was planning to do a set of photos of the lens and its fixings, but
decided not to put this post off another week while getting around to
that;  if you're someone seriously interested in buying, I'll be glad to
take photos for you before you commit ? including some ransom note of your
choice, if that's how you like to verify actual possession of a thing.

These lenses are still pretty scarce in the new pipeline, and I see them
listed at $4500 to $4800 (often for a pre-order).

I could sell for $4000, shipped in the US.  If you're in the greater NYC
area, I could hand deliver.

-Jeff M.