Subject: [Leica] My Q3 arrived! The first batch of photos looks pretty good to me.
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 04:46:33 -0400

This is my first Q-family camera.  I'd tried borrowing a first-gen Q, and
for some reason I didn't fall in love sufficiently to try to scrape
together the ticket for one of my own.  I'd been eyeing the Q2 generation,
but around the time I got serious about Q2s, the Q3 rumors had solidified
to the point that I figured I should wait for one of those.

So I waited.  And waited.  And the Q3 was indeed announced, and I placed an
order.  Then I waited some more.  And here it is!

I got together for Friday beverages with some friends and acquaintances
from WFMU <https://wfmu.org/>, and we hung out in the dimly lit Volunteer
Room.  Some of these (in little light, and at up to EI 6400) please me!

The noise patterns aren't displeasing or excessive for the ISOs, colors are
staying better at high ISOs than I'd had to live with from some
earlier-generation cameras, the camera is nailing good autofocus on
people's eyes pretty often, and the little beast is a nice form factor.  As
everybody already knows about Qs.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jbm0/53067596819/in/album-72157633241623661/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jbm0/53067596169/in/album-72157633241623661/lightbox/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jbm0/53067407371/in/album-72157633241623661/