Subject: [Leica] IMG: Kraków
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 09:49:13 +0200

Earlier this month I attended a conference hosted at Jagiellonian University
in Krak?w. It is Poland?s most visited city, with good reason. Its wealth of
architecture and history is second to none, and the city is much more
walkable than, say, Warsaw. Altogether, I spent 4 days there, from Sunday to
Thursday, and while much of the time was taken up by the conference and side
meetings, there was enough time to properly explore the city. I have been
there several times, but it is always great to see the old city, the Jewish
quarter, the modern art at the museum of contemporary art (right next to
Oskar Schindler?s factory, today a big tourist attraction), and this time
also Nowa Huta, a new suburb built around a huge steelworks in the 1950s,
with the usual Stalinist architecture of that era. Today the steelworks is
long gone, but the architecture is still there.

So, a large gallery (120 photos), reflecting the fact that there is a lot of
stuff to see in Krak?w.

https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/Krak?w-September-2023/

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman