Subject: [Leica] IMG: La Vuelta a España 2023
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 13:15:04 +0100

Great pix indeed, Nathan. For those of you bewildered by the appeal, I
love cycling, probably as I've done it competitively in triathlons back
in the 80s and appreciate just how hard it is.? I've been watching every
stage of this live on Eurosport every day - sadly, bar yesterday.

I had to allow myself to being mauled to within an inch of my life by my
two year old grandchild instead: we had to mind him and keep him amused
for four hours. It was supposed to be here in Monkstown, but plans
changed and, instead, we had to go into Dublin to mind him. Forgot to
record the stage and had to settle for the highlights which started with
67k to go. You were 80k to go, so your global audience dropped by one...

As you probably know, the first group is led by Dylan van Baarle -
winner of the Paris-Roubaix race last year. For non cyclists, in the
complex world of team cycling of bluff and counter bluff, he is used as
a super domestique in the three week races to break the resistance of
other teams. I see Stefan Bisseggar wearing the pink of the EF Education
team in the third,? and Kevin Vauquelin of Arkea Samsic collecting a
bottle in the fourth.

I can't watch today's stage either as I have a tasting with my wine
society this afternoon, but I have the Vuelta set to record as I type.

Douglas