Subject: [Leica] IMG: La Vuelta a España 2023
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 21:49:53 +0200

There are 3 grand tours in professional cycling?the Giro d?Italia in the
spring, the Tour de France in July, and the Vuelta a Espa?a in
August/September.  Today, the 8th stage of the Vuelta passed through what I
call ?my playground?, the mountains in the interior of Alicante province. As
usual, I picked a spot to watch the race that would allow for good photo
opportunities: going uphill (meaning relatively slow speed) and late in the
stage, so that the peloton would be broken up into several groups. I drove
to a bar 6 km from the penultimate mountain pass of the stage, a place which
I visit on two wheels myself, and things worked out great. I had a nice
vantage point and took a lot of photos. These are the initial serving that I
particularly liked:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Vuelta-a-Espa%C3%B1a-2023/

Tomorrow, I will climb the Carrasqueta on bicycle (unless it is
raining?cycling uphill on wet roads is OK but descending on wet curvy roads
is not OK).

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman