Subject: [Leica] My Q3 arrived! The first batch of photos looks pretty good to me.
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 01:22:56 +0100

Yes, Jeff, looking at your WFMU images, it seems to be a very impressive
camera, and it would certainly be nice to have a new Leica to join my
film ones.

Sadly, SWMBO is a harsh ruler and, despite my buttery blandishments, it
would be hard to impress upon her my urgent need to have a Q3 with the
large* amount of additional moolah necessary to slake what she would
deem an utterly frivolous want on my part. After all, she would likely
posit that all cameras are the same, and hadn't I said that I was going
to get a new Fuji thing? - a X100v or something -? at the beginning of
the year, only to stall as it transpired there were none available on
the Island of Saints and Scholars due to TikTok talk and hype over it.

Hence, things are looking grim on the new Leica front. Mind you,
crafting an argument of justification for GAS excesses might a useful
challenge for Chat GPT

Douglas
*she'd call it a shockingly large amount as I told her the price of the
Fuji, and figures just burn into that woman's head.