Subject: [Leica] Best NAS for Photography to Buy in 2022 – NAS Nerdiness.......
From: john at mcmaster.co.uk (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 16:25:35 +0000

I use a 5 disk RAID 5 attatched by eSATA, that is then backed up to several
NASes...

john

?On 26/10/2022, 17:23, "LUG on behalf of Frank Filippone via LUG"
<lug-bounces+john=mcmaster.co.uk at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    My personal system has all the images on a group of SSD's.  They are the
    real "masters".  The NAS (HDD base) holds backups, and thus can be
slower.

    The FASTEST solution is a bit nerdy and quite expensive and you need the
    right motherboard to achieve.  All at a $$$ cost.  It would use SSDs....

    You will spend significantly more time editing rather than retrieving,so
    I think that a compromise is in order ....

    Cost per TB is $10-15 for HDD, $100 for SSD.

    Frank Filippone
    BMWRed735i at gmail.com

https://nascompares.com/2022/01/17/best-nas-for-photography-to-buy-in-2022/

Message from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Best NAS for Photography to Buy in 2022 – NAS Nerdiness.......)