Subject: [Leica] [Leica} Had a camera scare today......
From: john at mcmaster.co.uk (John McMaster)
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 15:25:57 +0000

Surprised they lasted this long, I only had my M9 a few months before I had
to move to Transcend cards from Sandisk....

john

?On 04/06/2022, 21:28, "LUG on behalf of Frank Filippone via LUG"
<lug-bounces+john=mcmaster.co.uk at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    My precious Monochrom ( M9 Based Digi-Leica) would not accept a memory
card.  Just kept telling me that there was no SD card installed.

    I tried a bunch of other cards.  No luck.  At this point I saw a BIG
repair bill coming my way.....

    Did a Google search of ... Leica M9 SD Card Problems.... All the
articles were old ( well, what do you expect given the camera is old?)

    Three solutions were offered at that time...... a) contacts on camera or
card were "dirty".... Clean them b) Bad memory card or card reader in the
    camera ( what I feared) and finally, c) In the beginning of the M9,
there were some issues with certain cards not working.... Leica chimed in
and said
    they knew about the problem, towards a fix.

    The cards were mostly Sandisk....

    Well, the cards I was trying were all Sandisk, Extreme Pro.... I had
64GB, 32GB, 128GB..... none had worked.

    I did have a pair of Transcend 32GB cards..... tried one and it worked
perfectly.

    The message to leave everyone with.... if your camera acts up,, Google
the problem... and follow the solutions offered.

    I would have expected Leica to fix the incompatibility years ago, but
nope.....

    What did we do before the Internet?

    B+W anyone?

    Frank Filippone