Subject: [Leica] Fixed focus tab, taiko photos, want off-brand replacement M9 battery
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 16:37:07 +0900

For about a year, I was unable to disassemble my 50 mm Summilux, which I
needed to do to remove a part of a loose screw that once held the now lost
focussing tab. Then I bought some very grippy rubberized gloves and managed
it, then added a cheap but practical rubber focus tab. Great, reunited with
my love for this lens!

I bought one of those paracord rope type straps for it, which used to cost
a fortune with deluxe brands but now can be had for under $20. It's great.
Comfortable, soft, strong.

Went to a taiko (big Japanese drum) festival last night and took some snaps
with the M9 and the Voigtlander 35 mm Nokton (f/1.2). Not as good as
Richard Man's great photos over the years of taiko drummers in the States,
but it was fun taking them. Here's a link to some of the photos:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/photos/share/jhpUZwO21OowL97WFivnzvgXB0r5nVNMcN7Zksxw1tS

With her iPhone, my wife video recorded me taking some photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/N28VB2V6JcgVQQP18

Inability to use my 50 mm Summilux put me off using the Leica in recent
months, but now I'm happy to be back!

Went out today and took snaps of my two youngest at a canoe lesson (eldest
is studying for un entrance exams):

https://www.amazon.co.jp/photos/share/lnzt1XleIxVNIZtrUGhcKyrNfIZZ3lpZQFsSQfHKw39

My M9 battery depleted too quickly. Not dreadfully, but too soon. Not sure
if I can find my spare or if I threw it away if it stopped working well.
Anyway, I used to find them cheaply with cheap shipping too. Not so easy
now. I found some for around $30 in the States, but the shipping is too
much, starting at $60 or so. Anyone have any links for some M0 replacement
batteries?

Hope everyone's keeping well!

Peter

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Fixed focus tab, taiko photos, want off-brand replacement M9 battery)