Subject: [Leica] Leica 135mm Apo Telyt M
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 09:46:06 +0530
References: <CAH1UNJ2aVEv_vRPXscsYEn=TUHE6cEKCb2p==4ahsYrEM2T4jA@mail.gmail.com> <943f8e4a-82e0-3299-7461-6278e23e3918@summaventures.com> <CAJ3Pgh7nG-x0mk4s+tirxeissuLNw2xkTvYK3gJrCN3Sh7--eQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAFfkXxvXttdAZVRyN6sfQm-aa3QY7T6EVNOkf8C4EQkFOpwoGw@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ3Pgh5O8KpCyJcS2V7-8wpx3jggmZuE0iMN=zvSmkZMOpp9vg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ3CZ-i_w612296etT4r0UxdhcKnES107CgkfOW_ha4imA@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ3Pgh53gruv4FAy=64XgoZicFUn1+605eQs4j01K+chM661yw@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ120x96GMVPHqa49beHfQaXT6N0LPb7RLk+w2Wpovhg-w@mail.gmail.com> <CABXy404+9T4R+GTMdyCkvTjOn4qZjfw35Lp649cznt_AS7XSFg@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ3Pgh6n6sK-O56z5wnG5_L_Lq_JHMaBbCLxkwdzsLLEKVM7fQ@mail.gmail.com>

Weight is a different factor altogether. All my Nikon telephotos up to
500mm are those I can hand hold, because I miss fewer shots that way. To me
a lens which is a stop slower is an acceptable compromise to getting more
keepers, but as ever, YMMV!

The new "Enhance" function in PS and Lightroom is almost as good as Topaz
Gigapixel. I bought Gigapixel some time ago, but I would not buy it today,
for the same reason as choosing lenses - though Gigapixel is undoubtedly a
tad superior when I am pixel peeping, there is no discernible difference on
a print, more so at normal viewing distances. I agree 100% with you,
though, that modern software negates a lot of the preconceptions that we
have been carrying around, and that giving many of these a trial run is a
worthwhile activity.

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Leica 135mm Apo Telyt M)