Subject: [Leica] Leica 135mm Apo Telyt M
From: ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 11:14:26 -0700
References: <CAH1UNJ2aVEv_vRPXscsYEn=TUHE6cEKCb2p==4ahsYrEM2T4jA@mail.gmail.com> <943f8e4a-82e0-3299-7461-6278e23e3918@summaventures.com> <CAJ3Pgh7nG-x0mk4s+tirxeissuLNw2xkTvYK3gJrCN3Sh7--eQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAFfkXxvXttdAZVRyN6sfQm-aa3QY7T6EVNOkf8C4EQkFOpwoGw@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ3Pgh5O8KpCyJcS2V7-8wpx3jggmZuE0iMN=zvSmkZMOpp9vg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ3CZ-i_w612296etT4r0UxdhcKnES107CgkfOW_ha4imA@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ3Pgh53gruv4FAy=64XgoZicFUn1+605eQs4j01K+chM661yw@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ120x96GMVPHqa49beHfQaXT6N0LPb7RLk+w2Wpovhg-w@mail.gmail.com>

The sad truth is that not all the pixels end up in the final print.

What I've always enjoyed about making large prints in a darkroom is that I
could make prints which could be enjoyed both up close and from a more
"normal" viewing distance.

However, I've had several 24x36" (60x90cm) prints made from images captured
on SL2 and Q2 recently. Invariably, I see that the printing resolution is
in the order of 100 dpi or even less, that only about 8mp of information
ends up on the print. When viewed up close, all the details in the original
image files are lost.

I'd like to know which printers would not downscale the image to an
artificially low dpi.

--
Ken Iisaka
first name at last name dot org or com