Subject: Re: [Leica] Two things we won't see again
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspainewebber.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:06:00 -0400 (EDT)

a nice tribute.

as someone born in NYC, lived in NYC, went to college and graduate
school at Columbia, commuted in and out every day from beneath the
WTC, it was very easy to become blase about those towers--so touristy,
such a hackneyed symbol of NYC.

but yesterday's events have forever changed the image of those
once-magnificent structures.  the human faces of suffering and
of heroism and greatness will always be associated with the twin
towers.

because of my previous prejudice--or indifference--
i only conciously photographed the towers a few times in 20 years.  once
at night while testing the then-new TMZ aboard the world yacht dinner
cruise, which swing past the south end of manhattan and the
statue of liberty.

i think i'll go see if i can find the negs.

- -rei