Subject: [Leica] Two things we won't see again
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:40:10 EDT

<<

as someone born in NYC, lived in NYC, went to college and graduate

school at Columbia, commuted in and out every day from beneath the

WTC, it was very easy to become blase about those towers--so touristy,

such a hackneyed symbol of NYC.

because of my previous prejudice--or indifference--

i only conciously photographed the towers a few times in 20 years. >>

I have been thinking some of the exact same thoughts. In fact, it occurred to
me a few weeks ago that I have only taken a few photos of the NYC skyline in
the long time I have lived in NYC and the NYC area.

I don't think I will be doing that again any time soon either...it is going
to be hard to overcome. I really don't want a "memento" of all this ...and it
might be the first time I can ever say that.

On the lighter side, I have decided just as soon as the city is open below
14th Street I will be open again. I won't give these attackers the
satisfaction of missing even one subway ride, etc. just as soon as things are
going again. (probably tomorrow.)

Another side note, is the horrible smell of the burning buildings if finally
lifting from my neighborhood in Brooklyn.

I hope they come out very soon to tell NYC that they will rebuild the towers,
even bigger and better and faster than the first time...and maybe in some
years we can again start to feel about NYC the way we did before yesterday.

bests,
Rich