Subject: [Leica] Two things we won't see again
From: "Colin" <CJV@home.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:50:50 -0400

My last photos of the WTC, taken two Thursdays ago during the Skanatra
concert, in Hoboken's Sinatra Park:

http://www.availabledark.com/images/skacd01.jpg
http://www.availabledark.com/images/skacd02.jpg
http://www.availabledark.com/images/skacd03.jpg
http://www.availabledark.com/images/skacd04.jpg
http://www.availabledark.com/images/skacd05.jpg

All using M6 and Tri-X, except for last one which was XP-2.

As an aside, I used to live with a woman who was a high-ranking civil
engineer working for the Port Authority.  Most of her work was inside
the twin towers.  She once took me "backstage" to see construction work
going on near the top of one of the towers.  The sheer size of the
buttresses and structures was nearly incomprehensible; to watch them
fall so quickly is dizzying.

She was present during the bombing back in 1993, and received official
thanks from Louis Freeh for her help during the investigation.  I
haven't spoken to her in a while; I hope she's OK.  Her father was a
prominent fire chief from the Bronx.  I hope he too is OK.

Regards,
Colin
http://www.availabledark.com