Subject: Re: [Leica] Useful discussion or black tape?
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:13:39 -0700

From: "Harold Gess" <Harold.Gess@btinternet.com>
> My objection to the black tape discussion was based more on the fact that
> each of these 'discussions' around black tape, konica isn't a Leica, my
bag
> is bigger/smaller than yours, etc. can be guaranteed to generate huge
> volumes of messages which obscure the gems that are to be found by
trawling
> through the 'noise'.

Unfortunately this forum, at time, is no more than a meeting place, chat
room, bull session, etc. From single malt, to underwear, politics, etc, we
have covered it all.

However, the best way to elicit meaningful discussion is no more difficult
than asking questions, a thought-provoking questions.

Here is one: given the on-going discussion that digital imaging does not
pose a serious threat to film, how can we reconcile the fact that Jay Meisel
has switched completely to digital and exposed only one roll of film in the
last year?
I am sure that "one roll" is an exaggeration, yet I find it meaningful that
a photographer of Meisel stature has committed his reputation to digital.

Comments welcome, taped or not.
Joe Codispoti

Message from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: Black tape flavours?)
Message from "Harold Gess" <Harold.Gess@btinternet.com> ([Leica] Useful discussion or black tape?)