Subject: Re: [Leica] Black tape flavors?
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 18:49:50 -0700

This subject is discussed very often.
To this day I have no idea why anyone would believe that a potential thief
who knows what a Leica is would not recognize one with tape. I happen to
believe that if anything, a taped camera would arouse curiosity more readily
that an unmodified one.

And the ultimate is masking the logo, as though without the logo a Leica
becomes a Yashica.
I suppose that owners of  Cosina and Konica are most at risk. Their cameras
could be mistaken for Leicas. They should repaint their logo in very large
letters to distinguish them from the coveted M6.

Come to think of it, why not write COSINA on a M6 and save all the expense
and aggravation of masking?

Joseph Codispoti

Message from Bernard Cousineau <flatbroke@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Black tape flavors?)