Subject: [Leica] Bandhavgarh Part 2
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 08:11:26 -0600

Even so, and with respect, a mirrorless body with a telephoto lens will
provide a much better recording than a cell phone.  The processing power in
today's phones is quite impressive but having real pixels is almost always
better than software generated ones.  It's one reason both of us are using
50+ megapixel bodies even while using software to work on noise and or
other artifacts.

But I guess my basic point is that if you are going to an important event
then provide yourself with the tools appropriate to your desires whether
that is a good knife for cooking or a proper wetsuit for surfing in the
chill waves off California.  If I paid for a trip to a game park in Africa
I wouldn't bring just a cell phone.

Nevertheless, your point is valid if for this person a visual record wasn't
the key reason for the visit to the park.  There may have been far more
important reasons for that person, say a wildlife biologist wanting to
understand male tiger behaviour.