Subject: [Leica] Surfing Safari
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 12:30:52 -0800

Since there were large waves predicted for Oceanside, CA the last few
days, we took a trip there yesterday when there was no rain predicted.?
Armed with only my 24-120mm I had to crop a bit to get what I wanted.?
Since the beach to the north of the pier was closed due to unsafe
conditions all the surfing was to the south of the pier so we were
looking into the sun for the most part. And due to some work on the
pier, the whole south side was blocked with a chain link fence, but
holding the lens right to the fence and shooting wide open the links of
the chain pretty much disappeared.? Will take some work to get them to
look presentable, but here are a few shots.

Oceanside Surfers-6530 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/ch3/Oceanside+Surfers-6530.jpg.html>

Oceanside Surfers-6532 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/ch3/Oceanside+Surfers-6532.jpg.html>

There was quite the crowd there, but there were a few locals out
watching the show.? (North side so no fence)

Pelican on Pier-6492 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/ch3/Pelican+on+Pier-6492.jpg.html>

Comments welcome.

Aram