Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 23/11/2023: Eri on film
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 07:47:34 +0100

I have recently been testing various films with the Adox HR developer. I
like that developer because of convenience: the dilutions are very high,
like 1:30 or 1:40 depending on the film, and you only prepare what you need
that day. This eliminates the problem I have with powder developers like
D76, which have to be mixed to produce 1 liter of stock solution which has
only limited shelf life, so I end up wasting a lot of developer. With the
Adox, I do not have this problem. It is a liquid developer in a small bottle
(100 ml) and keeps very well.

Last week the film I tested was Fuji Acros, shot in my Leica M2 and 50mm
Summilux. I did a photo session with Eri, my favourite subject, who is a big
aficionado of her fellow Greek Maria Callas, and she adopted a couple of
poses frequently used by Callas.

Apparently this one is a classic Callas pose:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-WKRgn9n/A

This is just Eri smiling:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-ScMR9F7/A

The following day we had the last-Friday-of-November drinks, and I used the
same camera on our new trainees. They love the pictures. Somehow, people
really respond differently when they see these film photos, shot with a
camera and lens that were produced well before they were born (my M2 is from
1966 and the Summilux I used from 1961).

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo at frozenlight.eu