Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Three shots at Dun Laoghaire Harbour.
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 17:04:50 +0000

On Monday, I went down to Dun Laoghaire harbour which used to be one of
Europe's largest harbours to take a few shots and test out some old lenses.
This is a link to the location which is about a mile from my house. It
gives an idea of the extensiveness of the harbour which was originally
proposed by William Bligh (of Mutiny on the Bounty fame).
https://www.google.com/maps/@53.299226,-6.1436816,3a,75y,146.83h,60.06t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sAF1QipOOls83KqQhCnVV84NKbpq00ginIxvEXn51J8Nv!2e10!3e11!7i7680!8i3840?entry=ttu

I have a number of Fotodiox adapters for the Sony, but they can be hit
and miss - even using peaking at its max. I mainly use my newer Sony lenses.
Two fishing boats on Trader's Wharf at inner Coal Harbour, Dun
Laoghaire. Sony A7II with 55mm Sonnar. Can be seen larger.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Tied+Up.jpg.html

Kayaks pretending they are breaching whales, Coal Harbour, Dun
Laoghaire. Sony A7II with 55mm Sonnar. Can be seen larger.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Breaching.jpg.html

Lit up by a sudden shaft of sunlight, the Irish Customs cutter Faire
with its rib sits moored at the marina outside of the Coal Harbour in
Dun Laoghaire. In the background, you can see Howth peninsula which is
about 5 miles away across Dublin Bay.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Faire+-+Irish+Customs+boat+with+baby.jpg.html
Sony A7II with an old Pentax fit Miranda 70-210mm f4 Macro zoom lens. I
think I used f5.6 for the shot. Can be seen larger.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMGs: Three shots at Dun Laoghaire Harbour.)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMGs: Three shots at Dun Laoghaire Harbour.)