Subject: [Leica] Just for kicks
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 13:21:20 -0600

The short answer is the Q3 images would suffice, especially since the jpeg
process degraded the images to some degree.  We have been drawn into the
sharper, contrastier, better fine detail path that is not always
appropriate.  Maybe the numismatic collectors and biologists for record
shots is this level of detail very important.  I say this owning some
absolutely spectacular lenses but find myself using very flawed lenses for
their faults when appropriate.

I really do appreciate the level of professionalism you display with your
stacked images.  I am rarely willing to take out the tripod to stack images
even though I have a camera that will automatically move focus in whatever
increment and number of increments I need.

On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 12:57?PM Aram Langhans via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>