Subject: [Leica] Just for kicks
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 10:57:48 -0800

I finally got around to taking some photos of some Queen Anne Lace seed
pods that I have had laying around since August.? For kicks I used the
Q3? on a tripod and cropped heavily.? All three of these photos are
stacked images.? View them large if you can.

Here is the full scene as close as I could get with the Q3 in Macro mode.

Queen Anne Lace-1000821-Edit (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/m/Queen+Anne+Lace-1000821-Edit.jpg.html>

So, here is a crop of a portion of the seed pods.

Queen Anne Lace-1000821-Edit-2 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/m/Queen+Anne+Lace-1000821-Edit-2.jpg.html>

Here is the "just for kicks" part.? I chose that amount of crop because
before I did these, I was taking the photos using the Leica 100/2.8 APO
with the 1:1 Elpro on my Nikon Z7ii.? So, here is a shot from that great
lens and it is full frame, not cropped. Really no comparison, but I am
wondering if you did not see this shot, would you be satisfied with the
cropped Q3 shot above?

Queen Anne Lace-6352-Edit (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/m/Queen+Anne+Lace-6352-Edit.jpg.html>

Of course, all three of these shots are reduced in size JPEGs for
posting on the web.

Comments welcome.

Aram

--
Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher

would ever have dared dream.?   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Just for kicks)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Just for kicks)