Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 15/9/2023: a walk in Wrocław
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 13:06:45 +0200

I have been in Poland this entire week, first in Krak?w from Sunday to
Thursday attending a conference, and now in my birthplace Wroc?aw, visiting
my sister for the weekend. Yesterday was my first full day here, and I was
of course out and about. Here are five images.

The start of the day, as seen from my sister?s 11th floor apartment. In the
foregroud is the Ronald Reagan Circle; the two buildings in tha background
on the left are called ?the pencils?; they are student housing for the
nearby technical university:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-knmL72T/A

The central square, Rynek, with the guild houses (many of which were
reconstructed after the destruction of World War II) and the four flags that
matter in today?s Wroc?aw?EU, the city, Ukraine and Poland:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-6GcKrsg/A

Wroc?aw has hundreds of tourist attractions?literally! Since 2005, about 800
little bronze figurines (many are not actually gnomes) have been placed
around the city, some by the authorities, others outside private businesses.
These two are in the former category:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-p4nn4G2/A

This one is placed outside an Indian restaurant, near a tree planted to
represent Polish-Indian friendship:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-2vhSwKN/A

Another vignette from Rynek, a wonderful place on a sunny and warm September
day:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-CFTTDG5/A

More to come.

Cheers,