Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 29: goats and people
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 16:16:01 -0500

I am amused by the painters tape as used as a sign amendment.  As to the
solar panels, I would very much like to see them on individual buildings
with batteries to level out the usage curve on an extremely widely
distributed basis.  It will make more buildings independent from the grid
and also distribute the cost to those most able to afford it.  When done on
the grid level you get into difficulties like California that is working
very hard to deal with the excess power generated during the day and the
relatively increased demand once the sun goes down.

Just another point, the first new nuclear plant in North America just went
on line in Georgia with a second one to follow in less than a year.  This
will be a massive addition to CO2 free electricity in the Southern States
and may allow the shut down of several coal plants.