Subject: [Leica] Fireworx and a Kat
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 08:23:21 -0500

That was a fun image both because of your explanation and just the image.
I have to say that you are far more law abiding than many from the south
that I know.  Even in purple Austin where fireworks aren't allowed you
could see and hear them going off for two days or three depending on when
you heard the first one go off.

Still, sort of a follow on to the flag discussion, I have found most
Americans to be situationally law breakers.  Mostly minor like jaywalking
and speeding but when rules are fluid some people push the limits to see
where the push back happens.  If no push back then more and more people
follow through.

This is exemplified by people running red lights here in Austin.  Two years
ago you almost never saw someone blatantly blowing through a very red
light.  Now, you have to wait several seconds after your green to make sure
everyone has stopped or you will be run down.  Our pedestrian death rate is
significantly up because the pedestrians are buried in their phone, see the
walk sign and step out.