Subject: [Leica] Flower Bazaar
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 20:12:37 +0530

Brian, Don, Luis, Douglas
Thanks for looking.

Brian, it is both a retail and a wholesale market.

Don, actually we are a rain deficit area, these flowers come from two areas
- in the lower slopes of the Nilgiri mountains, and around Bengaluru. Both
the areas are 5-6 hours away by road. The Nikon Z8 is identical in
operation to the Z9, except it is smaller and lighter, so I did not really
have a learning curve because I have been using the Z9 since it was
released.

Luis, I converted that to B&W only because the background was chaotic with
colour, and very distracting - the single biggest reason why I convert to
B&W.

Douglas, the Z8 is a smashing all round camera, and IMHO the Nikon Z lenses
are equal, or, at worst, very close to Zeiss/Leica optics at a fraction of
the cost. The Nikkor Z24-70mm f2.8S lens I was using is the best normal
zoom I have ever used. Hire the Z8 with either this lens, or the equally
impressive Nikkor Z24-120mm f4S lens, and give it a whirl. You won't be
disappointed. The batteries (EN-EL 15C iteration) give me around 400-500
shots per charge, and more if I switch the rear LCD panel off, which is
quite acceptable for me. Anyway, how much effort does it take to slip
another small, lightweight battery into your trouser pocket, together with
a spare card? Not very much, in reality. These issues are only raised by
social media fanboys itching to find fault for the sake of doing so, i.e.
clickbait! I have amassed half a dozen batteries, because the batteries
have remained constant from the D800/800E and then the D500/850, through
the Z6 & Z7 series, and now the Z8 - of course with capacity increases at
each iteration, but they are completely interchangeable.

Cheers
Jayanand