Subject: [Leica] Flower Bazaar
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 08:28:17 +0530

 I had gone to the Flower Bazaar in Parrys in Chennai to test drive the
newly released Nikon Z8 with the Nikkor Z24-70mm f2.8S lens. It is a tough
place to photograph, as the shops have three sources of light - LED,
Tungsten and Daylight with totally different colour characteristics, as
well as colours bouncing off the flowers, which also leads to very harsh
contrast.

In other words, the ideal place to test out new equipment!

This was my first visit in four years (thanks to the Covid shutdowns) to
this overcrowded, busy market, which we used to visit every month or two in
the days before the pandemic struck. I did an exposure tweak for this
series - I shot in Highlight Priority mode with an exposure compensation of
+1.7 to bring out detail in the faces in the scene.

Cinematic:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/parrys/Parrys-20230528-023-Enhanced-NR-Edit.jpg.html

Conversation:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/parrys/Parrys-20230528-052-Enhanced-NR-Edit.jpg.html

Engrossed:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/parrys/Parrys-20230528-067-Enhanced-NR-Edit.jpg.html

Environmental Portrait:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/parrys/Parrys-20230528-079-Edit.jpg.html

Relaxed:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/parrys/Parrys-20230528-085-Enhanced-NR-EditBW.jpg.html

Shadow Side Portrait:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/parrys/Parrys-20230528-076-Enhanced-NR-Edit.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] Flower Bazaar)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Flower Bazaar)