Subject: [Leica] IMG: A Street Photographer at a Stretch
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 00:32:45 +0100

Yes, but the locals are very much Catalan identifiers, almost over
French nationals, and I had a hell of a time understanding their French.
In 1976, I worked a few kilometres north in Argeles for the summer, and
found it difficult then, but it seemed even harder nowadays. That said
I'm deafer now.

One thing I really noticed was the mosquitos. They seemed infinitely
worse, but up to now, historically, they mainly made a meal of my wife,
and I never seemed to be to their taste. Now, I'm quite definitely on
the menu and they certainly left their mark. Why the sudden interest in
me at 72? I've travelled for years including the topics and nary a bite.
Could it be yet another covid side effect? Unfortunately, the Tiger
mossie is not only prevalent there, but endemic, so it's not just the
annoying bites. Who'd have thought that dengue fever, amongst other
joys, were going to be a risk in France?

Looks like one's camera bag will have to carry a mosquito net in future.
Apparently the tiger variant is as far north as Antwerp at this stage.
The world changes.

Douglas