Subject: [Leica] Some Film Shots
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 11:58:53 -0700

Thanks, Richard.? It is indeed busy.? Being loved to death as some
people describe it.? They are clearing out a lot of trees, both the dead
ones and a lot of the live ones.? Something called the Merced River Plan
states that before there were people the park area was not so rich in
pines.? The dense pine growth has occurred only because of fire
suppression.? So, they are clearing a lot out making it quite sparse in
places.? At least that is what we were told.? This is suppose to lower
the fire danger as well as make the forest more tolerant to pests and
drought.? It will also restore traditional views, or so the plan states.

That is a lovely photo.? That looks like a view across the meadow by the
Swinging Bridge.? It is called Leigig Meadow. ? I have never tried to do
anything that early.? A wife and father-in-law who are not early risers
is the reason.? And since we sleep in the rig that I would need to drive
I could not even get away with it.

Here is a shot from 2019

Swinging Bridge Meadow-1129 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/s9/y/Swinging+Bridge+Meadow-1129.jpg.html>

Here is an earlier shot from the same place

yosemite-0141 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/yosemite-0141.jpg.html>

Aram