Subject: [Leica] Leica Akademie Washington DC workshop
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 14:24:29 -0400

I recently attended a one day workshop with well known fashion photographer,
Mark dePaola at the Washington DC Leica shop.  Mark has been photographing
models for over 30 years mainly with Noctilux lenses wide open.  It was a
great experience learning how to photograph in ways I had not considered.  I
have always wondered how different photographers made their images.  This
was one way to find out.  It was a very different experience compared to
Ralph Gibson's workshop in 2016 at the San Francisco Leica shop.  Two
different master photographers who look at the world very differently. Both
experiences equally rewarding.

Here are a few images I took after the workshop as a tourist using a 50mm f1
Noctilux that I?ve used for over 20 years. It was a fun weekend in DC.  Too
many museums and restaurants that were not visited.  A return trip is
needed.

Tourists on the Mall:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rclompus/The+Washington+Mall.jpg.html

3 Ducks on the Mall: