Subject: [Leica] LR Denoise
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 20:35:07 -0500

I've had a chance to run the new Adobe enhance AI versus Topaz (both
denoise and the AI) as well as another program.  ISO's range up to 20,000
on a Sony A1.  The Adobe version was a little slow,  not a sharpened as the
other two and was total AI with only the percentage of effect under user
control.   Topaz denoise is very quick, effective, only OK on sharpening
but did provide a level of user control.   Topaz AI needs to be looked at
and adjusted as it can create a "Ken Doll" look.

DxO's AI does a very good job overall.  It is slightly less effective on
noise but produces a mostly believable sharpening.  You also have a level
of control.   I do find it's creation of a separate file annoying but not
fatal.

If I am not pressed for time the Adobe enhance is a very good general
purpose solution: it just is slow.