Subject: [Leica] A mistake that is kind of interesting
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 08:31:06 -0400

I wouldn?t say that some of the edges are fuzzy. It?s that some of the
petals are displaced in some of the images, with overlapping sharply focused
?ghosts?. Seems pretty clear that something moved the flowers or the petals
between exposures, with the shutter freezing the petals if they were in
motion at the instant of exposure. Given the subject matter, I?d guess this
is due to the wind moving the petals between exposures. Or could there have
been little critters in or on the plant?

Stacking multiple exposures is standard practice in astroimaging, where
bright objects like the Moon and planets are distorted by atmospheric
turbulence, and faint deep-sky objects can be barely above the noise level.
But I haven?t seen it done with subjects like this. What are you trying to
accomplish?

?howard