Subject: [Leica] A mistake that is kind of interesting
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 15:02:15 -0700

Hi Howard and Douglas.? Tripod and rock solid.? Not sure why. Don't
think it jiggled as the centers are in good shape.? I was looking at
some other frames and I noticed while the centers are perfectly steady
frame to frame, the ends of the petals seem to be expanding in each
frame. I am thinking that as the day progressed perhaps I caught it at a
time the flowers were actively opening up for the day so between each
frame? they changed positions enough to do what they did.? It did not
appear random like wind or natural disaster but a steady change in
position outward. ? I will look further.? I have never had this happen
before.

As far as to why stacking,? stacking is often used to increase the depth
of field without causing the back/foreground to get distracting.? It
maintains the soft focus in front and behind that you get from say f/8
without resorting to f/22 where they would become distracting and also
decrease the sharpness of your main subject due to diffraction effects.?
Hope that answers your question, Howard.

Aram