Subject: [Leica] Facebook Jail
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 13:11:37 +0000

That's unbelievable, Tina, but not really, I suppose, in these
unbelievable times. That said, the volume of obnoxious crap that is
posted second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour ad nauseum to
Facebook and its ilk just cannot be handled by humans, so algorithms are
their first line of defence, and probably their second and third lines
too. I'm sure there will be some human intervention at some stage in the
process, but getting to it will take time. There's unlikely to be any
snap resolution soon.

It's just the price of (anti)social media whose users post diahorrea
like spurts of images without editing. As you can probably guess I don't
use that type of media myself, but many of us who have young
grandchildren are swamped by their parents posting streams of
interminable images of the little darlings onto sites like Family Album
straight from their phones without even looking at what they've
uploaded. Isn't the march of progress great?!?!

Douglas
Keep us posted on how you get on