Subject: [Leica] Welcome, M11
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 15:57:34 +0000

Jayanand,

It'll be interesting to hear your reports on the Z9 from your field of
wildlife photography. I hardly think you'll be using it for the street :-)

As for the M11, I'm sure it will be a great street shooter, but I won't
be buying one any time soon. I am thinking, as I've been doing a fair
bit of video, of upgrading my Sony A7ll for the new A7IV over the next
few months as it has a bigger battery, but am also hoping that Fuji
might make a bigger sensor version of the X100S which I've had for the
last eight odd years. Its light weight and 35mm equivalent lens just
work so well and are balanced in the hand.

As I get older, a lighter weight camera is very appealing. That said,
camera shape and balance in the hand - in the street - is essential. My
Leica M3 was (well still is) a wonderfully sized and balanced camera
even though it weighs 904 grams with a 35mm Summaron and goggles. On
shorter lenses, I'm going to buy the Sony 40/2.5 lens for the A7II this
month as I'm not that happy with my Samyang 35/2.8 when I use it for
street work.

Douglas