Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc.
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 19:21:11 +0000

Makes sense, Don.

Over here in Ireland, there was a tendency to put everything in the one
auction and start with the small value stuff before working up to the
final crescendo of the most valuable. However, that experience was
possibly 20 years ago before we decided we had wa-a-a-ay too much stuff
and stopped going to those sort of auctions. I still have no wall space
free, despite having downsized over 8 years ago and intend putting a lot
of my unhung paintings into auctions in the spring.

Of course, I should also make a restart on thinning out my collection of
cameras then too. For instance, I was just looking last night at my 4A
folding Kodak from 1906 ?? which I have wrapped in bubble wrap, and
thinking that I'll never get around to sourcing roll film for it. In
2006 when I got it, there were places that would make up the 4 1/4 x 6
1/2 inch (10,7 x 16,3 cm) roll film, but I can't find any now having
done a quick search on the net. Mind you, if I did find it, I probably
wouldn't do anything about it. That said it's hard to let things go.

This is what it looks like
https://www.flickr.com/photos/50543475 at N00/335205712/in/photostream/

Douglas