Subject: [Leica] IMGs: School at Monkstown.
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 23:38:17 +0100

I had an exercise to do for my camera club on tree shadow patterns and
walked to a park, beside a school, about 150metres from my house.

These are photos of Scoil Lorc?in - a Primary School (elementary in the
US) in Monkstown that teaches the youngsters completely through the
Irish language (Gaelige). It has about 500 pupils and was established in
the 1950s, although the building was renovated and extended in the last
ten years. My wife attended a similar intensive school, and you'd think
that she would still be fluent in Irish at this stage, but 40 plus years
later, it's mostly all forgotten.? As in all matters of learning, it
depends on how it's taught. Of course, we all learnt, in our early
years, that nothing is perfect in every school.

However, at least over here, as in most countries around the world, we
don't seem to have to worry about armed lunatics and mendacious loners
shooting up our school pupils and teachers: we do have strong gun control.

Scoil Lorcan (side entrance) from Eaton Square, Monkstown.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Local+Primary+School+1.jpg.html

Scoil Lorcan (main entrance) from Belgrave Road, Monkstown.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Local+Primary+School+2.jpg.html

Scoil Lorcan (inside main entrance), Monkstown.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Local+Primary+School+3.jpg.html

Scoil Lorcan (contemplation benches), Monkstown.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Local+Primary+School+4.jpg.html

Scoil Lorcan (side wing), Monkstown.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Local+Primary+School+5.jpg.html

Seventy years of childhood manipulation shows on this hawthorn tree at
Scoil Lorcan, Monkstown.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Local+Primary+School+6.jpg.html
I'll have to try taking this in different light conditions as shape
differentiation is difficult with this one.

All photos were taken with my Sony A7II with a Samyang 35/2.8 FE lens,
and all can be seen LARGER - if so desired

Douglas

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] IMGs: School at Monkstown.)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMGs: School at Monkstown.)